Metropolis of Philadelphia Workplace of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Companies and the PHL Service Design Studio It has launched its beta model. Reasonably priced Neighborhood Engagement Toolkit web site On June 30, 2023. A beta launch means the web site nonetheless wants some work. And we’ll launch the entire website within the fall.
The Engagement Toolkit was created by greater than 160 neighborhood members and engagement professionals from the Metropolis of Philadelphia in 35 metropolis companies. It serves as a compass for equitable neighborhood participation in metropolis governance. And it gives steerage, tales, instruments and coaching on tips on how to middle fairness within the metropolis’s participatory work.
What’s within the beta launch?
For this launch, customers of the positioning have entry to:
- 29 guides protecting quite a lot of matters together with challenge planning, outreach and analysis.
- 35 instruments and templates to assist readers apply studying instantly.
- Options that enable readers to submit suggestions, strategies, and tales.
- Cellular and desktop pleasant variations of the positioning.
Metropolis engagement workers have had entry to those guides, templates and instruments since January 2023. They’re studying supplies and giving suggestions. As well as, the Participation Toolkit challenge staff collaborated with 10 neighborhood advisory council members Radical inclusion class.
The challenge staff integrated enter from metropolis workers and neighborhood members into the rules accessible at present.
What are we nonetheless engaged on?
Making certain that engagement toolkit content material is on the market in a number of languages and totally accessible is our main mission.
So we’re nonetheless engaged on it.
- Translate content material into Spanish and Simplified Chinese language.
- Testing the positioning to make sure it passes accessibility requirements.
What’s going to we launch within the fall of 2023?
In Fall 2023, we’ll launch:
- Full model of the web site, together with content material accessible in English, Spanish and Simplified Chinese language.
- Accessible web site.
- Metropolis engagement particulars on this system’s technique to assist workers undertake these habits over time. To be taught extra in regards to the relationship between the Toolkit program and the web site, see Concerning the web site.
The Engagement Toolkit web site is a piece in progress. We encourage you to learn it and share your ideas utilizing the remark characteristic.
Questions? Join [email protected].